I’m Tim Ware, host of the Starting Over With Christianity podcast. I graduated from seminary a number of years ago with a Master of Divinity degree. I started this podcast to help people understand a different version of Christianity. I believe this is what Christianity is all about.
This is not a devotional series. It’s not designed to make you feel better or give you a syrupy thought-for-the-day. It’s a podcast that presents a view of Christianity that’s different from what you may have heard.
The basic beliefs this podcast is grounded on are:
- God did not in any way cause things to be as they are today. God does not in any way cause, use, or allow pain, suffering, disease, natural disasters, heartaches, problems in life, or any other bad things. All those things are the result of another power in opposition to God.
- The problem is not that you sin and God is mad at you and wants to punish you. The problem is that something is against you, trying to destroy you.
- Jesus didn’t come so you could get forgiveness. Jesus came to start the process by which the power against you will be destroyed.
- God is not an angry menace before whom you have to tremble. God is on your side, fighting for you.
- God is working for good for all. He will not stop until He finally does achieve good for all.
If you’re open-minded enough to consider this, and if you’re willing to invest the time and effort to find out more about it, I think you’ll find something very valuable here.
Please also visit the main website Starting Over With Christianity, where you will find articles and other things of interest.